Monday, October 5, 2009

Really?

Look at me being all presumptuous! Yet another artist spouting text into the ether. But who knows? Maybe you'll care what I have to say. Or you'll like how I say it. Or maybe it's just me, talking to myself. Well, I do that in real life, why not here, too?

Best part of today: I found a bag full of three (almost) complete sets of alphabet stamps at the thrift store for $7. Just four missing letters, but all in all, not a bad haul. I'm just starting to play around with mixed media and this find was serendipity in a bag. Mixed media is incredibly liberating, and certainly not what they teach you in school. I love it!

I've also started an art journal. I've never really done one before, not with the intention of making the whole thing be a...journal of art. The concept seems a little foreign to me, which is stupid, but there you have it. I'm really pretty dumb at times, at least when it comes to myself. At least I always have friends who are there to point out my dumbness to me. It's a fun process, though I'm still trying to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. Yay process...

That's it for now. I have to work in the morning. I'd rather make art.

Things I Did Today:
Shopped with mum at Goodwill (found stamps and pretty bowl); finished two ATCs, background for mixed media painting; worked more on making a necklace.

Go me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I saw your comment on Kati's blog and came over here to check it out. Are you going to post things here too? I'd love to see your non-ATC work.

    Ciao!

    Mellanie

    ReplyDelete